Saturday, October 15, 2011

Soul Searching for Dummies

At the ripe old age of 21 I have come to question : Who am I? What is it that makes Lauren, Lauren? Concepts of identity that I felt were so stable seem to have flitted away and I've been left with a yearning to get to the heart of me. Fair enough I can probably adhere to certain labels: a daughter, a sister, a student, a friend, a sex bomb (I joke) but how well do these labels tell the story of me? More recently I have felt like I'm in a stage of transititon almost as if I have emerged from my cocoon ready to flap my wings. Whilst I'm sure that the old caterpillar traits and ways of thinking no longer apply, I'm still working out what it will take for this butterfly to fly high.

Whilst my insect analogies might not be everyone's cup of tea I thought it may be interesting to let others join me in my journey of self discovery. Hopefully this blog will address some important and moreover interesting issues but who knows it may be something that the wider world can relate to. (Fingers crossed.)

So welcome to the start of my quest.

Soul Searching for Dummies -  fitting together those little pieces of me :D

L x

No comments:

Post a Comment