Saturday, October 22, 2011

Don't worry....Be Happy

I worry about absolutely everything; the past, the future, my family, my friends, my degree, my job. To be honest I even worry about how much I worry. To be fair the energy I invest in worrying could probably be better used for something else.

The trouble is that I think too much, I tend to ruminate and look at things from all possible angles and from this the worry stems. Alot of the time I worry about things that I have no control over. The things that have happened already cannot be changed; I can't take back any words I have said or any actions I've done. Tomorrow is also not promised so what good is it worrying about things that haven't happened yet.

On paper, I am able to rationalise my thoughts but in real life it's a different story. Whilst I often tell other people  "Don't worry", I hardly ever heed these instructions myself.

I'm sure I'm not alone in my plight. Don't stress my fellow worriers, I feel your pain and together we shall overcome. This passage has become a real comfort to me in recent times.

"Don't worry about anything; instead pray about everything. Tell God what you need and thank him for all he has done" Philippians 4:6

Sometimes we have to let go and let God. Invest the worrying energy into something more positive; give it to God and let him do some glorious work!

No comments:

Post a Comment